The Town of Pavilion is located in Genesee County, New York. Pavilion was formed from Covington, Wyoming County, May 19, 1841. A portion from Le Roy and Stafford was annexed March 22, 1842. Pavilion is the most southeastern town of Genesee county. It is bounded on the north by Stafford and Le Roy, on the east by Caledonia and York, Livingston County; on the south by Covington, Wyoming County, and on the west by Middlebury, Wyoming County, Bethany and Stafford. The surface is undulating in the north and hilly in the south.
As of the 2000 census, the town had a total population of 2,467.