Town Clerk: Lucinda Starr
Phone Number: (585) 584-3850, extension 201


Monday - 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Tuesday - 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Wednesday - 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Thursday - 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Friday - Closed

Copy Fees are as follows:
Flat Rate
 - $0.50 - plus postage if applicable
Certified and Sealed - $10.00
Genealogy Copy - $11.00

Dog Licenses:
Any dog age 4 months or older must have a license. The dog owner must provide proof of rabies and proof of altering*(if applicable).

2013 Rabies Clinic Information

Fees: Amount Description

$5.00 - altered
$13.00 - unaltered

$15.00 – seizure fine ; $20.00 - 2nd & consecutive seizures

Marriage Licenses

Age: If applicants are under 18 years of age, written consent of both parents is necessary. If either applicant is 14 or 15 years of age they must present written consent from a justice of the Supreme Court or judge of the Family Court having jurisdiction over the town or city in which the application is made.

If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no consent is required.

Proof of Age

Two forms of ID are required. The following are acceptable documents to support information submitted by marriage license applicants:
Driver's License
Non-Driver's License
Naturalization Papers
Military ID card
Employer's Photo ID
Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
Baptismal or other Church Record established by one year of age
For previous marriages, the following is required:
Certified Copy of Death Certificate if last marriage ended in death
Certified Copy of Divorce Decree or Certificate or dissolution of Marriage if any marriage ended in divorce.

License Fee and Requirements

24 hour waiting period
License is valid for 60 days beginning the day after it is issued
Any and all divorce decrees or certificates of dissolution of previous marriages are necessary
$40.00 license fee
$10.00 certified copy of license
These requirements are per the New York State Department of Health, Vital Records

Fishing Licenses

Any person 16 years or older must obtain a fishing license. A New York State driver's license is needed to prove residency. Licenses are valid from October 1 through September 30.

Hunting Licenses

License year - October 1 through September 30

**For a complete list of fees go to www.dec.state.ny

Handicapped Parking

Application form is available at the Town Clerk's Office, NYS Department od Motor Vehicles or physician's office. This form must be filled out by the physician and his/her signature must appear on application. Length of time the permit is needed is also provided by the physician.
An applicant can obtain a temporary or permanent parking permit as indicated by the physician. No fee is involved. One permit is issued per person.

Permit Application

Freedom of Information Law
The Freedom of Information Law provides rights of access to records reflective of governmental decisions and policies that affect the lives of every New Yorker. However, an agency does not have to create a new document in order to provide the individual the requested information.

A Records Access application is filled out by the individual requesting the information. If possible you should supply dates, titles, file designations, or any other information that will help find the requested records.

Within 5 business days of the receipt of written request for a record reasonable described, the agency must make the record available, deny access in writing giving the reasons for denial, or furnish the written acknowledgement of receipt of the request and a statement of the approximate date when the request will be granted or denied.


Town and County Tax Payment Instructions

January 1 - January 31: 

Pay total amount of tax bill to Lucinda Starr, 1 Woodrow Drive, Pavilion, NY 14525.

February 1 - March 31: 

Pay total tax amount plus interest to Lucinda Starr, 1 Woodrow Drive, Pavilion, NY 14525.

After March 31: 

Pay total tax amount plus interest to Genesee County Treasurer, County Building #1, 15 Main St. Batavia NY 14020.